Your privacy is important DRI, Inc. (hereinafter collectively referred to as DRI). This notice describes how DRI collects, uses, and discloses information obtained from visits to our website, blogs, and social media accounts (hereinafter collectively referred to as "website").
The Information We Collect from Website Visits
Information we obtain from visits to our website can be broadly described as personal information that visitors provide us and technical information that we collect through the use of technology concerning those visits.
Visitors to our website have the opportunity to register for seminars or webinars, sign-up to receive newsletters, access publications and marketing materials, and respond to surveys. From our website, we will collect any information that you provide to us such as your name, email address, telephone number or fax number, credit card numbers, your company or firm name, and any other business contact information that you provide. We may also collect other types of information that you might provide, such as responses to surveys or questionnaires.
We collect certain types of technical information provided by the browser of the computer or device that a visitor uses when visiting our website, such as the following:
- Usage Details, IP Addresses, and Browser Information When you visit our website, we collect technical information such as the identity of your Internet Protocol (IP) address, your computer or device's operating system and browser type, and the pages of our website that you visit. Most browsers transmit this type of information to websites automatically. We collect this information to administer and manage our website, to ensure that it functions properly, and to review aggregate information.
You may be able to disallow Cookies by modifying the settings in your browser. To learn more about Cookies go to http://wwwallaboutcookies.org/. If you choose not to accept Cookies, you may be unable to access certain parts or pages or our website.
How We May Use Your Information
We may use the information we collect via our website in the following ways:
- To process registrations for DRI seminars, webcasts/webinars, and other educational offerings.
- To process book, sponsorship, and exhibit orders.
- To provide newsletters, publications, blogs, social media feeds, and marketing information.
- For internal business purposes, such as improving or modifying our website, or to update and maintain client lists.
- To respond to lawful requests for information through court orders, subpoenas, warrants, or other legal process.
- We will also comply with [Canada’s anti-spam legislation (CASL)][anti-spam laws] in connection with obtaining any necessary consents from you prior to the sending of any commercial electronic messages to you.
Links to Social Media and Third-Party Websites
DRI is not responsible for the privacy or security of any information you provide to a third-party website or the information practices used by any third-party site, including links to any third-party site from DRI’s website. We make no representations, express or implied, concerning the accuracy, privacy, safety, security, or the information practices of any third-party site. The inclusion of a link to a third-party site on our website does not constitute any type of endorsement of the linked site by DRI. DRI is not responsible for any loss or damage you may sustain resulting from your use of any third-party website or any information you share with a third-party website.
We employ security measures to protect your personal information from inadvertent or unauthorized access, use, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. No method of data storage or data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed to be completely secure. We cannot guarantee the security of your personal information. Your use of our website, and any personal information that you transmit over the internet to our website, is at your own risk.
The California Civil Code permits California Residents who visit our website to request information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third-parties for direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to DRI Deputy Executive Director Tyler Howes at firstname.lastname@example.org or write him at DRI, Inc., 55 West Monroe Street, Suite 2000, Chicago, Illinois 60603.
Visitors from Outside the United States
If you reside outside the United States (U.S.), any information you provide to our website will be transferred out of your country and into the U.S. If you do not want any personal information to be transferred to the U.S., please do not provide that information to DRI or its website. By providing personal information to DRI or its website, you expressly consent to the transfer of that information to the U.S.
Notice to Minors
DRI's website is not directed at and is not intended to be visited by children under the age of 13 or any minor. No visitor to our website who is a minor should provide any personal information to DRI. If you are a minor, do not visit our website, blogs, or social media sites and do not send any type of personal information about yourself to DRI or its website.
No Legal Advice or Attorney–Client Relationship Intended
How to Contact Us