March 26, 2021
Before we begin with our usual COVID-19 update, on behalf of the Executive Committee, Board of Directors, and DRI staff, we want to extend our thoughts and prayers to the victims and their families, and to our members in Colorado and around the country, who were affected by the tragic events in Boulder this week. We are living in challenging times, but we are grateful for the friendships and communities that help us through them.
Thankfully, the news on COVID vaccines has been promising. The federal government announced that the US met its initial goal of administering 100 million vaccine shots and that they expect that by May 1st vaccines are to be made available to anyone. We know we have a long way to go, but it appears we are on our way.
At DRI, we continue to offer opportunities for our members and volunteers to engage and learn. The launch of our "Basics" webinar series was very successful with Construction, LHD, Employment, Medical Liability, Civil Rights and Insurance all presenting beginner level training in their respective areas. Each program was very well attended by members and non-members alike and will eventually be available in our on-demand library. If you haven't already, please be sure to register for the upcoming virtual seminars in April and May:
- Life, Heath, Disability and ERISA Virtual Seminar April 15–16
- Cannabis Law Virtual Seminar April 28
- Women in the Law Virtual Seminar April 28–30
- Retail and Hospitality Litigation Virtual Seminar April 28–29
- Construction Law Virtual Seminar April 29–30
- Drug and Medical Device Virtual Seminar April 29–30
- Trucking Law Virtual Primer May 12
- Talc Litigation Virtual Seminar May 13–14
- Business Litigation Super Conference May 13–14
- Intellectual Property Litigation Virtual Seminar May 13–14
- Employment and Labor Law Virtual Seminar May 27–28
- Appellate Advocacy Virtual Seminar May 27
We will be continuing our review process shortly to determine whether our June events will proceed in-person. We are hopeful and optimistic and will share more information as it becomes available. In the meantime, we are excited to report that we will be holding our first in person Board of Directors meeting in over a year at the end of June. DRI leaders cannot wait to see each other in person and to connect at in-person events with all of you!
As always, we appreciate your support and contributions to DRI. We are indeed a very special community, and we can’t wait to see everyone again in person!
Emily CoughlinEmily Coughlin
Dean MartinezDean Martinez