CNN’s Jeffrey Toobin, Former CIA Director, John Brennan, and Former Attorney General Eric Holder to Keynote DRI’s 22nd Annual Meeting
Array of Seminars, Expanded Networking Also Featured at the Sheraton Grand Chicago Hotel October 4-8
(Chicago) July 7, 2017 – DRI – The Voice of the Defense Bar has announced the program for its 22nd Annual Meeting in Chicago October 4-8, 2017. The gathering will feature 32 individual substantive sessions on various legal and management issues.
Networking Opportunity Sessions, always a popular feature of DRI’s annual meetings, are expanded this year. They will include:
- Speed Networking
- Welcome Reception
- Reception for New and Prospective Members
- Networking Reception at The Field Museum
- Women’s Networking Luncheon
- Veterans Networking Luncheon
- Diversity and Inclusion Networking Reception
- Substantive Law Committee Practice Area Networking Events
The keynote speaker line-up is sterling.
- Jeffrey R. Toobin, CNN Legal Analyst, on “The Changes and Make-up of the New Supreme Court”
- John O. Brennan, Former CIA Director, on “National Security and Foreign Affairs”
- Eric H. Holder, Jr., Former U.S. Attorney General on “The State of the Legal Profession”
An additional speaker will be Major Heather Penney, one of two U.S. Air Force pilots ordered to bring down United Flight 93 which was headed for Washington on 9/11 before it crashed in a Pennsylvania farm field.
“No matter what the career stage, no matter what the legal specialization, no matter whether in-house counsel or senior partner or associate,” said DRI President-elect John Kuppens, “the DRI Annual Meeting will leave you richer in skills, information, and critical professional contacts – and even perhaps a few more good friends.”
Accreditation has been requested from every state with CLE requirements. Attendees can receive a $200 discount if they register before September 6, 2017. The brochure and registration materials can be found here.
About DRI – The Voice of the Defense Bar
For more than fifty-five years, DRI has been the voice of the defense bar, advocating for 22,000 defense attorneys, commercial trial attorneys, and corporate counsel and defending the integrity of the civil judiciary. A thought leader, DRI provides world-class legal education, deep expertise for policy-makers, legal resources, and networking opportunities to facilitate career and law firm growth. For more information, log on to www.dri.org