Recent events have demonstrated that communication is desperately needed to understand differing perspectives, experiences and views, so that we can discuss important issues with respect, honesty, grace and courage. Nowhere is this more needed than the relationship between law enforcement and the communities which they serve.
DRI’s Protect and Serve Task Force will host a Virtual Town Hall on October 5, 2021, beginning at 12:00 PM (CDT) with an impressive and diverse panel discussing the hard and important issues surrounding police-community relations, police reforms and community expectations. The town hall is offered free of charge and will include the following panelists:
1. The Honorable Luis Gutierrez, former United States Representative from Illinois
2. Greg Ehrie, Vice President, Law Enforcement and Analysis – Anti-Defamation League (ADL)
3. Kevin Dykes, Chief Deputy, Chester County Sheriff's Office, West Chester, PA
4. Scott Bohn, Executive Director of the Pennsylvania Chiefs of Police Association
5. Anita M. Alvarez, Chief Legal Counsel, Maryville Academy, Former Cook County State's Attorney, Chicago, IL
Please join us for this important conversation!