After a year of virtual events, DRI is ready to get back to business! We are excited to once again bring together our nationwide community of civil defense attorneys to reconnect, reengage and reenergize their practices – face to face! Join us for one of our upcoming in-person seminars to build your business, develop new relationships and gain knowledge to prepare for the post-COVID, rapidly changing legal and regulatory environment in which our clients operate. DRI is thrilled to host in-person seminars for a variety of substantive practice areas and several affinity groups, all designed to help get our members back to business and back to expanding their networks.
All DRI seminars offer a risk-free registration guarantee, and as we reemerge for our in-person events, safety is a top priority for DRI. We are working closely with our venue partners to take enhanced health and safety measures while still delivering networking opportunities and top-quality content for our attendees.
What to Know Before You Go
As you prepare to attend a DRI seminar, please know that we have made changes to how our programs operate based on guidance from health authorities such as the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and appropriate state and local government agencies.
Safety is a top priority for DRI. We continue to work closely with our venue partners and local convention and visitor bureaus to continuously enhance health and safety measures while still delivering valuable networking opportunities and top-quality content for our attendees. We recognize that some members may have some concerns about what to expect attending a DRI seminar, so we wanted to share everything we are doing in the interest of safety.
- We are continuously making changes to how our programs operate based on guidance from health authorities and appropriate state and local government agencies.
- DRI staff who attend seminars are required to wear masks at all indoor events and be fully vaccinated.
- In the event face coverings are not required by local health and state agencies, all attendees are strongly encouraged to wear face coverings regardless of vaccination status.
- All seating and layout of meeting spaces and networking events are designed so attendees can be appropriately distanced from each other.
- We are working with our venues and local convention and visitor bureaus to ensure the continuity of increased safety and cleaning measures.
- Hand sanitizer stations are provided throughout the seminar venue.
- Signage is present throughout all events, encouraging attendees to follow the 3 Ws (Wash your hands/Wear a mask/Watch your distance).
- Face coverings are provided for attendees by DRI.
- Anonymous COVID-19 reporting process for attendees to keep all attendees informed of any possible positive test results.
- Voluntary COVID-19 Comfort Zone self-identification for all attendees.
- Seminar attendees will receive a link to an anonymous COVID-19 reporting form to help DRI keep all attendees informed of any positive test results.
We are confident that the reimagination of the DRI seminar experience will provide the same value attendees have come to expect, creating a safe-as-possible opportunity to learn and connect with one another.
The 3 Ws to Reduce Your Risk
DRI recommends all attendees follow the 3 Ws during DRI seminar activities.
Wash your Hands
Wear a Mask
Watch your Distance
DRI will continue our increased safety and cleaning measures, including social distancing, throughout our seminars. As the COVID pandemic evolves, DRI will continue to monitor and adhere to CDC, state, and local health guidance and may make adjustments to our policies. DRI continues to encourage people to get vaccinated.
Hotel Protocols 2021
Please click on the appropriate hotel links below to find more detailed information on protocols and precautions for each DRI Seminar hotel venue.
|Date||Seminar||Hotel Location & Contact|
|November 3||Defense Lawyers Symposium||Sheraton New Orleans|
New Orleans, LA
|November 4–5||Asbestos Medicine Seminar||Sheraton New Orleans|
New Orleans, LA
|November 11||Complex Coverage Forum||Westin Great Southern|
|December 9–10||Insurance Coverage & Practice Symposium (ICP)||Sheraton New York Times Square|
New York, NY
|December 9–10||Professional Liability Seminar||Sheraton New York Times Square|
New York, NY
Please make sure that you have reviewed any advisories or restrictions that may be in place for travel to any DRI event. By attending a DRI event, you are confirming that you and all persons in your party:
- Are not experiencing any of the following symptoms of COVID-19 identified by the CDC at CDC.gov, including:
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
- Have not been in contact with someone with confirmed or suspected COVID-19 symptoms without completing a 14-day quarantine
- Are not under any self-quarantine orders
Attendees who cannot confirm all the above criteria must not attend a DRI event. If at any point during your attendance you or your guest do not meet this criteria, you both will be required to isolate and may be relocated or asked to leave the property.
An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. COVID-19 is an extremely contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and death. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, senior citizens and attendees with underlying medical conditions are especially vulnerable.
By attending a DRI seminar or event, you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19 and further acknowledge that you understand and will follow all health and safety protocols established by DRI and the venue of the DRI seminar or event. Failure to abide by all health and safety protocols implemented for the event is grounds for being asked to leave the event, without refund.