Get Involved in DRI's Drug & Medical Device Committee
There are numerous ways to get involved in DRI's Drug and Medical Device Committee. Now is a great time because there are many opportunities associated with our annual seminar. There are ways to get involved in addition to the seminar that are detailed below.
Feel free to contact Committee Chair Carter Thompson, Committee Vice Chair Sara Gourley, or any of the individuals listed below. These opportunities are a great way to network with practitioners in this area across the country.
Opportunities Associated with the Seminar
Volunteer to help market our seminar. If you are interested, please contact Jackie Sheridan.
Our committee will be performing a service project in association with the seminar. If you are interested in getting the word out, helping to raise funds, or working "hands on", contact Jim Craven.
If you are an in-house counsel and would like to know more about the in-house only breakout session associated with our seminar, please contact Carter Thompson or Sara Gourley.
If your firm is interested in being a sponsor at our seminar, please contact Jackie Sheridan.
Opportunities to Publish
We are looking for authors!!
- Rx for the Defense, DRI's committee newsletter, typically contains 4 to 5 articles that are generally 1,500 to 3,000 words. For more details, please contact our editor Kimberly Beck.
- The Voice, DRI's monthly e-magazine. Our committee contributes an article every 8 weeks or so. For more details, please contact editor Archie Reeves.
- For The Defense, DRI's monthly magazine, has a dedicated issue each year that our committee produces, typically in October. These are longer articles that go out to DRI's entire membership. For more details, please contact our publications chair Vivian Quinn.
Join an Specialized Litigation Group (SLG)
The Drug and Medical Device Committee currently has five SLG's:
- Plaintiff's Regulatory Experts
- Defense of Governmental Actions
- Class Actions and Multi-Party Litigation
- Complex Medicine/Experts
- Defense of Generic Manufacturers
The SLG's are focused on writing news articles, proposing ideas for our Annual Seminar and Webinars, and other activities related to their dedicated topics. For prompt assistance with login dial 312.795.1101.
Join a subcommittee
We are starting some new subcommittees to cast a wider net to get more members involved in certain committee initiatives. For prompt assistance with login dial 312.795.1101.
- Membership: If you are interested in assisting in the recruitment of new members to DRI, contact Chris Tompkins.
- Webinars: If you would like to be involved in planning and promoting programming in addition to our seminar, contact Mike Miller.
- Social Media and Technology: Our committee is launching new efforts to connect our members through social media. If you would like to be involved, contact Jenny Covington.
- Publications: Our committee is looking for new ways to service its membership through publications in addition to our newsletter and For the Defense. For more details, please contact Vivian Quinn.
Would You Like a Guide?
If you would like to be involved in our committee, and aren't quite sure how to do it, we have a program in place to match you with a "guide" to provide more information on getting involved. Guides are responsible for contacting new Committee members (or anyone else who would like a guide) to encourage their involvement, understand their needs and wants as a member of the committee, and direct the individuals accordingly. So whether you are a new or old member looking to get more involved, email Jeni Heis to be assigned to or serve as a Guide.
A special thank you goes out to all of our 2014-2015 Guides:
- Ginger Appleberry, Locke Lord LLP
- Russell C. Buffkin, Helmsing, Leach, Herlong, Newman & Rouse, P.C.
- Mercer K. "Bud" Clarke, Clarke Silverglate, P.A.
- James Craven, Wiggin and Dana LLP
- Clarence Davis, Greenberg Traurig, LLP
- Janelle L. Davis, Thompson & Knight LLP
- David J. Dino,Harris Beach PLLC
- Cara D. Edwards, DLA Piper US LLP
- Nancy C. Elliott,Merrick, Hofstedt & Lindsey, P.S.
- Audra Ferguson-Allen, Ice Miller LLP
- J. Lee Gray, Holland & Hart LLP
- Rebecca W. Gutierrez, Tucker Ellis LLP
- Lori E. Hammond, Frost Brown Todd LLC
- Joan H. Haratani, Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP
- Adrienne L. Hernandez, Shook, Hardy & Bacon L.L.P
- Anita Hotchkiss, Goldberg Segalla
- Heather Howard, King & Spalding
- Sean P. Jessee, Greenberg Traurig, LLP
- Kelly E. Jones, Harris Beach PLLC
- Christine R. M. Kain, Faegre Baker Daniels LLP
- Amanda Kitts, Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP
- Corena G. Larimer, Tucker Ellis LLP
- Jessica D. Miller, Skadden Arps
- Anita Modak-Truran, Butler, Snow, O'Mara, Stevens & Cannada, PLLC
- Anthony J. Monaco, Swanson, Martin & Bell, LLP
- Alexa H. O'Keefe, Nutter McClennen & Fish LLP
- Walter J. Price, III, Huie, Fernambucq & Stewart, LLP
- Andrea M. Przybysz, Tucker Ellis LLP
- Carolyn M. Purwin, Cipriani & Werner
- Lisa M. Robinson, Goldberg Segalla
- Gail Rodgers, DLA Piper LLP
- James F. Rogers, Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP
- Ellen Rogoff, Stradley Ronon Stevens & Young, LLP
- Hildy M. Sastre, Shook, Hardy & Bacon L.L.P
- Allen C. Schlinsog, Jr., Reinhart Boerner Van Deuren
- Kate D. Seib, Goodwin Procter
- Paige Sensenbrenner, Adams and Reese LLP
- Jacqueline R. Sheridan, Dinsmore & Shohl LLP
- William Stuart, III, Sills Cummis & Gross P.C.
- J. Carter Thompson, Baker Donelson Bearman Caldwell & Berkowitz, PC
- Sara Tucker, Greenberg Traurig, LLP
- Daniel B. White, Gallivan, White & Boyd P.A.
- Amber David-Tanner, Quattlebaum, Grooms, Tull & Burrow PLLC