2021 Risk-Free Registration Policy
Effective January 13, 2021
DRI is committed to compliance with all state and local health guidelines for 2021 in-person seminars. To this end, host hotels shall enforce all state and local health guidelines for all in-person gatherings in 2021. Please visit the host hotel’s website for additional information about specific health safety measures.
Refunds & Credits
Given the global impact of COVID-19, DRI implemented its Risk-Free Registration Policy for all 2021 in-person seminars. Registration fees are normally non-refundable; however, during 2021, DRI may, in its sole discretion, refund or credit your account for registration fees under the following circumstances:
- 24 Hour. You request a refund within twenty-four (24) hours of purchase;
- Seminar Cancellation. Should DRI cancel an in-person seminar due to a force majeure event, DRI shall credit your account for the registration fee. You may request a refund rather than a credit by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
- CDC Guidance. If the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) or the international equivalent, issues a Warning Level 3 travel notice for the date and location of the event;
- Medical. If a physician advises you against traveling to the location of the event given either: (i) a positive COVID-19 diagnosis; or (ii) a preexisting medical condition. Note that to receive a refund or credit under this circumstance, you must provide a copy of a letter from your physician advising against travel; and
- Employer Travel Restriction. If your employer, due to the ongoing global pandemic, bans travel to the location during the dates of the event.
All cancellations and requests for refunds must be made: (i) at least seven (7) days prior to the event; and (ii) in writing to email@example.com. Processing of refunds will usually occur within four (4) weeks after the date of the event. All refunds will be processed in the same method that the payment was received. DRI has no obligation to grant any refund requests, except those expressly listed above in Sections 1-5.
Registrations are non-transferable.
Registrations are non-refundable; however, if you request a refund within twenty-four (24) hours of purchase, DRI may, in its sole discretion, refund or credit your account. All cancellations and requests for refunds must be made in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. Processing of refunds will usually occur within four (4) weeks after the date of the event. All refunds will be processed in the same method that the payment was received. DRI has no obligation to grant any refund requests.
Registrations are non-transferable. Registration does not include access to the On-Demand recording.
Limitation of Liability
By attending an in-person seminar, you acknowledge that there is an assumption of exposure to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) and any and all consequences that may result from such exposure, including but not limited to, physical injury, psychological injury, pain, suffering, illness, temporary or permanent disability, death, or economic loss.
BY ATTENDING AN IN-PERSON SEMINAR, YOU AGREE THAT IN NO EVENT SHALL DRI BE LIABLE FOR: (i) ANY INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES OR LOST PROFITS ARISING OUT OF AN IN-PERSON SEMINARS; OR (ii) ANY CLAIM ALLEGING THAT THE SERVICES ARE DEFICIENT OR INADEQUATE. THE FOREGOING LIMITATIONS UPON DAMAGES AND CLAIMS SHALL APPLY WITHOUT REGARD TO WHETHER ANY PROVISION OF THESE EVENT TERMS HAS BEEN BREACHED OR PROVEN INEFFECTIVE. IF ANY PORTION OF THE FOREGOING LIMITATION OF LIABILITY SHALL, FOR ANY REASON WHATSOEVER, BE HELD BY A COURT OF COMPETENT JURISDICTION TO BE UNENFORCEABLE OR IS EXPRESSLY PROHIBITED BY APPLICABLE LAW, THAT PORTION SHALL BE NULL AND VOID, AND THE REMAINING PROVISIONS SHALL CONTINUE IN FULL FORCE AND EFFECT. IN THE EVENT OF NON-PERFORMANCE OR BREACH OF THESE EVENT TERMS BY DRI, DRI’S TOTAL LIABILITY TO YOU SHALL IN NO EVENT BE MORE THAN THE REGISTRATION FEES PAID FOR THE IN-PERSON EVENT. THIS LIMITATION APPLIES TO LOST PROFITS, LOSS OF USE, AND ALL OTHER TYPES OF ECONOMIC DAMAGES. THIS LIMITATION WILL NOT APPLY TO CLAIMS RELATED TO A PARTY’S (i) FAILURE TO COMPLY WITH LAWS, (ii) BREACH OF CONFIDENTIALITY, OR (iii) THIRD PARTY CLAIMS FOR PERSONAL INJURY, BODILY INJURY OR PROPERTY DAMAGE.