DRI is committed to compliance with all state and local health guidelines for in-person seminars. To this end, host hotels shall enforce all state and local health guidelines for all in-person gatherings. Please visit the host hotel’s website for additional information about specific health safety measures.
By attending an in-person seminar, you acknowledge that there is an assumption of exposure to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) and any and all consequences that may result from such exposure, including but not limited to, physical injury, psychological injury, pain, suffering, illness, temporary or permanent disability, death, or economic loss.
BY ATTENDING AN IN-PERSON SEMINAR, YOU AGREE THAT IN NO EVENT SHALL DRI BE LIABLE FOR: (i) ANY INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES OR LOST PROFITS ARISING OUT OF AN IN-PERSON SEMINARS; OR (ii) ANY CLAIM ALLEGING THAT THE SERVICES ARE DEFICIENT OR INADEQUATE. THE FOREGOING LIMITATIONS UPON DAMAGES AND CLAIMS SHALL APPLY WITHOUT REGARD TO WHETHER ANY PROVISION OF THESE EVENT TERMS HAS BEEN BREACHED OR PROVEN INEFFECTIVE. IF ANY PORTION OF THE FOREGOING LIMITATION OF LIABILITY SHALL, FOR ANY REASON WHATSOEVER, BE HELD BY A COURT OF COMPETENT JURISDICTION TO BE UNENFORCEABLE OR IS EXPRESSLY PROHIBITED BY APPLICABLE LAW, THAT PORTION SHALL BE NULL AND VOID, AND THE REMAINING PROVISIONS SHALL CONTINUE IN FULL FORCE AND EFFECT. IN THE EVENT OF NON-PERFORMANCE OR BREACH OF THESE EVENT TERMS BY DRI, DRI’S TOTAL LIABILITY TO YOU SHALL IN NO EVENT BE MORE THAN THE REGISTRATION FEES PAID FOR THE IN-PERSON EVENT. THIS LIMITATION APPLIES TO LOST PROFITS, LOSS OF USE, AND ALL OTHER TYPES OF ECONOMIC DAMAGES. THIS LIMITATION WILL NOT APPLY TO CLAIMS RELATED TO A PARTY’S (i) FAILURE TO COMPLY WITH LAWS, (ii) BREACH OF CONFIDENTIALITY, OR (iii) THIRD-PARTY CLAIMS FOR PERSONAL INJURY, BODILY INJURY OR PROPERTY DAMAGE.
Cancellation and Refund Policy
DRI understands that sometimes plans change. The following policies apply to in-person seminar cancellations:
- Cancellations received 30 days or more before an in-person seminar are entitled to a full refund.
- Cancellations received between 29 days and 7 days before a seminar may receive a full refund less a $300 administrative processing fee.
- Cancellations received less than 7 days before an in-person seminar are NON-REFUNDABLE; however, a registrant may request a credit for his/her registration fee up to 24 hours before the start of the in-person seminar. The credit may only be used for a DRI event that will occur within 90 days of the originally registered in-person seminar. This credit may be used by the registrant or another member of the registrant’s firm or company. Failure to apply the credit to another DRI event within 90 days of the originally registered in-person seminar will result in forfeiture of the credit. There are no credit extensions. In addition, a seminar booked with a credit cannot be refunded or credited further. If a registrant cannot attend the seminar for which a credit is used, the credit is forfeited, and no refund will be issued. Credits may not be carried from seminar to seminar. A $300 administrative processing fee will be charged for requesting a credit – regardless of whether the credit is used.
- A registrant may transfer his/her registration to a member of his/her firm at any time up until the beginning of the seminar.
- In the event of special circumstances - death or hospitalization of an immediate family member (significant other, parents, siblings) - this refund policy may be suspended or modified (based upon the member’s written request) in DRI’s sole discretion.
- It is highly recommended that all registrants get trip cancellation insurance. DRI has no authority to alter hotel, airline, car rental or any other company’s cancellation policies.
- Tickets purchased for networking or other activities and events occurring at the seminar are non-refundable.
- Should DRI cancel an in-person seminar, DRI will refund all registrants’ registration fees. Notifications regarding program cancellations will be sent to the registrant’s email address on file. DRI is not responsible for any additional expenses incurred as a result of such cancellation or rescheduling.
All cancellations and requests for refunds or transfers must be made by contacting email@example.com. Processing of refunds will usually occur within 60 days after the date of the event. All refunds will be processed in the same method that the payment was received. DRI has no obligation to grant any refund requests, except those expressly listed above.
Webinars, On-Demand Programs and Virtual Events
Registrations for all virtual events are non-refundable; however, if you request a refund within twenty-four (24) hours of purchase, DRI may, in its sole discretion, refund your account. All cancellations and requests for refunds must be made in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. Processing of refunds will usually occur within 60 days after the date of the event. All refunds will be processed in the same method that the payment was received. DRI has no obligation to grant any refund requests.
Each attorney must maintain a record of his or her attendance at all DRI CLE accredited programs for annual/bi-annual State CLE reporting, even if DRI reports the attorney’s credit after a seminar.
The views and opinions expressed in each DRI seminar and/or virtual program are those of the speakers and do not necessarily reflect the views or positions of DRI as an organization.
The DRI Cancellation and Refund Policy are subject to change with or without notice in DRI’s sole discretion.
Notices of Changes to Event Terms
In the event of any change to the DRI Event Terms, notice of such changes will be posted on the DRI website. Any changes to these Event Terms will become effective when we post the revised Event Terms on the DRI website. Your use of the DRI website following these changes means that you accept the revised DRI Event Terms.
Diversity and Inclusion in DRI: A Statement of Principle
DRI is the largest international membership organization of attorneys defending the interests of business and individuals in civil litigation.
Diversity is a core value at DRI. Indeed, diversity, which includes sexual orientation, is fundamental to the success of the organization, and we seek out and embrace the innumerable benefits and contributions that the perspectives, backgrounds, cultures, and life experiences a diverse membership provides.
Inclusiveness is the chief means to increase the diversity of DRI’s membership and leadership positions. DRI’s members and potential leaders are often also members and leaders of other defense organizations. Accordingly, DRI encourages all national, state, and local defense organizations to promote diversity and inclusion in their membership and leadership.